Thursday 25 January 2018

Lets give them Wings to Fly.

 



Independence.. Freedom. These words meant so much to me while I was a young. Meaning of freedom kept on changing for me as I grew older. I am brought up in a strict family. My parents were very strict with us i.e. me and my sisters. I have always noticed that there were different set of rules for us and for my brother. That was something which was bothering me always. Though my parents were strict but they were not narrow minded. With passing of time we were given more liberty in taking our own decision. But still we were supervised all the time. Now when I have become a parent I understood their concern and worry.

The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence. 
- Denis Waitley


I am a mother of two boys. Still they are too young to do anything. But it’s high time for us to decide what kind of parents we want to be. The ones that are always there for their kids or the ones, who want them to be on their own, decide what’s good or what’s bad for them. We (me and my husband) had already decided what parenting style we would be adopting in future for our kids. Being on the similar page is very much important for both the parents. One of us would be a cool parent and the other one would be a rigid one. (I hope you understand what I mean). If one of us has said no for anything the other would not go against that decision or question them (not at least in front of the kids). Mutual understanding between parents is the key.



We would let our kids be themselves. Nothing would be forced on them. We would keep everything under moderation. Supervision is a must. No one is safe these days. I know what I am talking about is something that we need to think once our kids are of certain age. But for now we would teach our children to do their things on their own. We would be making them self reliant rather than spoon feeding them. We want our kids to look upon as their friends. They should be able to come and discuss everything and anything with us.  
I believe Moderation to everything is the key. Being strict would never work with the kids. 


 



This blog post is a part of #LetsDiscussFreedom Blogathon. I would like to thank Alpana from http://mothersgurukul.com/  for introducing me. 

I would now like to introduce Charu from https://themomsagas.com/ and recommend you to read her views on the prompt, 'GIVING FREEDOM TO KIDS'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sebamed Children's Shampoo - Review

I am a mother of twin boys. My twins are totally polls apart when it comes to their skin care or hair care concerns. Baby Arhaan was...