Monday 13 November 2017

Review : Mama earth natural insect repellent

Living in a place where it rains almost every day the most common problem that I faced was of mosquitos. During the day it is hot and as soon as it's evening, it starts to rain due to which the problem of mosquitoes increases. Every second day I use to hear a case of viral fever from our locality. I was very much worried about my kid's health. Using coils was not suitable as my kids are too small to be exposed to such smoke and smell that comes with it.

I researched a lot in finding a good mosquito repellent, especially for infants/kids cause I didn't want so many chemicals to be applied on their skin. I came across many brands and tried few of them as well but the only problem I had was the overpowering smell that they had.

Then finally one day I came to know about mama earth products and found a mosquito repellent which was specially made for infants and it claimed to be chemical and deet free. Without even giving a second thought I ordered it online from Amazon and voila it reached me  the very next day (thanx to amazon's prime delivery)
About the product :

The company claims it to be natural and deet free and it has the power of natural essential aromatic oils like citronella, peppermint, and lemongrass. It keeps babies safe and free from mosquito bites.

KEY INGREDIENTS
Purified water, cold pressed Soya Ben oil, cold pressed castor oil, citronella essential oil, cedar essential oil, lemongrass essential oil, rosemary essential oil and peppermint essential oil.

My verdict :

I have been using this product for past 1.5 months for my twins and I am more than half the way through the can. The packing is up to the mark. It comes in a spray bottle which makes it more convenient to use. It is an oil based product thus it can be evenly applied. The only problem that I faced as a first time user was nothing was mentioned in the bottle how to use it. It needs to be applied to clothes like other repellents or directly on the skin of the little one. The mistake I did was, I sprayed it in their clothes due to which I think it did not perform as much as it should and I was unable to see the results. Then started using it directly on the skin. Though being oil based it never stained the clothes which I liked. 

My kids are still 10 months old and they tend to put their hand In their mouth a lot. Because this product is chemical free and deet free I am not worried that it would harm my child if it goes into their mouth. (though I never apply it on their palms to be in the safer side) 

PROS:

A. It's made of natural essential oils which makes it chemical free and suitable for my infants
B. Mild smell that fades ways in half an hour or so.
C. Travel-friendly packaging (spray bottle). 
D. Little goes a long way.

CONS:

A. No proper instructions available on the packaging on how to use which can confuse the 1st time user.
B. The effect remains only for 2 to 3 hour after which it needs to be reapplied.
C. Pricey. Rs 299  for 100 ml of product. (this is way more as compared to its competitors)
D. Physical availability. This product is not found anywhere in the stores it needs to be bought online. (though it's not a con for me cause I buy everything online these days)

Would I recommend??
Yes, I would recommend this product just because it's chemical and deet free and the smell is not too overpowering Compared to other brands.

That's all from my side. Hope you found it useful.
Till then stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sebamed Children's Shampoo - Review

I am a mother of twin boys. My twins are totally polls apart when it comes to their skin care or hair care concerns. Baby Arhaan was...